Well here are some things that we’ve been up to:
- I made the girls carrot shirts and hair clips for Easter and all the kids got fleece carrots. Oh and before that I made the girls a bunch of clover hair clips for St Patrick’s Day. Oh AND I surprised the kids with a hamster the day before St Patrick’s Day so she is named Lucky Clover (Clover for short)!
- On April 1st (which was a Sunday this year!) we convinced the kids it was a school day and had them get ready and drove them to school. When it was closed we took them to Chuck E Cheese for some fun. They are very trusting/gullible. We have to keep the April Fools going every year!
- Bennett isn’t shy and has a loud voice so he won for best boy in his class for poem reciting (of course he is probably the least organized and never brought me the notice so I could go watch it). Luckily the winners of each class will read them again this week so I can go in like a good mom! Ben also came in second place in the Boy Scouts pinewood derby.
- Gee this isn’t in any real order, just my thoughts of what we’ve been up to! In March we had a preview of spring and opened our pool EARLY, the kids had a week of swimming in 50-60 degree water! They are nuts but we encouraged it. I guess with the warm weather and then the return to seasonable weather, the mini ants have moved back into our house early this year. We will get them gone ASAP!
- We just had a trip to Maryland to visit family and go to the Baltimore Aquarium and then to a little Robot Fest yesterday. Ethan really LOVED taking picture at the aquarium and making cardboard robots. Jillian confirmed that she is really a child that should have one of those kid leases when she climbed onto the half wall at the aquarium and could have fallen far down to the first floor (anyone have a leash I can borrow for our next trip? Otherwise I may have to buy one for the cliffs in Maine).
- On Feb 4th and Feb 12th Jamie lost her first two teeth, both when biting into apples! The bottom middle teeth and they are poking through a bit now but I think they are pretty crowded so its taking some time. She currently has a very wiggly top tooth we are waiting on!
- My boys still think the Dr Who Daleks say “desterminate” instead of exterminate, its fun listening to them play. Not sure if they still are saying “canyon balls” but I always loved that one. Of course NOTHING topped when Ethan was younger and thought the holes in your nose were called “nostricles”. Jamie is calling squirrels “squirtles” but I blame that on too much Pokemon play here lately.
- This is the first week where we will have activities every weeknight except Fridays! WOW, hope it goes more smoothly than I am imagining! John has volleyball and Jamie has dance on Mondays, boys have baseball on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Wednedays is rollerhockey for the boys (they are in different age groups this year so that means 2 hours there instead of 1) and also Jamie has Girl Scout Daisies every other Wednesday. Its tough fitting extracurricular stuff in for four kids! Those four nights are just things for John and the three older kids, luckily Jillian can do her dance class during the big kids school day!
- That’s all for now!
COLORED BUBBLES!!! I was really excited to get the chance to review Crayola’s new COLORED BUBBLES with my kids! So fun! A bit messy but GOOD messy! We were sent a three pack of colored bubbles and a bubble launcher that comes with two bottles of colored bubbles. These are perfect now that its spring and we need to get outside and run around more. The colors are nice and bright! They were messy but they didn’t stain our clothing (I wouldn’t send my kids out in clothes that I love just in case but I washed their clothes the next day and nothing stained)! The bubble launcher was fun and I liked when I used it and the kids popped the bubbles the best. My three year old couldn’t do it well on her own but the older kids got the hang of it pretty quickly. I like that you crank the handle to make the bubbles so NO BATTERIES are needed! Next time we use them I want to bring out my big roll of white paper and see it we can make some bubble art! I think my favorite time to use these will be on a hot day when I can let the kids go crazy with the bubbles and then hose them off outside after. I love any excuse to spray the kids with the hose in the summer!
Here is some more information from Crayola and then my contest:
Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles aren’t ordinary bubbles. Because they contain color, they’re messy and will leave temporary colorful marks on skin, cotton and cotton-blend clothing and intended outdoor surfaces. This took some moms by surprise when they used the product last year. They loved the idea of bubbles in different colors, but weren’t expecting them to be messy. We quickly acted on parents’ feedback and created a new version that keeps all the fun for kid and makes clean up easier for parents. Color magically rubs off skin, hoses off of many outdoor surfaces and washes out of cotton and cotton blend clothing.
Because you’re OK with messy play, we’d love for you to be among the first to try our next generation of colored bubbles and share your experience with your readers
Before you get blowing, we have some simple tips for you and your readers that make playing with Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles and cleaning up, even more awesome and enjoyable for both kids and moms.
- Dress for Mess. Wear washable play clothes and shoes. It’s best to not wear suede, leather or any other material that can’t be washed.
- Play Outside. An open grassy area is best away from new concrete, decks and porous surfaces like marble. Don’t use at formal events like weddings.
- Rub skin to remove color.
- Launder clothes promptly with water and detergent. Repeat washing may be needed.
- Hose off outdoor surfaces like sidewalks and driveways to wash away color.
- Crayola on Facebook http://on.fb.me/CrayolaFBK
- Crayola on Twitter http://bit.ly/CrayolaTWT
- Crayola on YouTube http://bit.ly/CrayolaLLC
I get to give away a Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles gift pack that will contain:
- One Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles 3-pack:
- Watch in awe as the air becomes filled with bunches of brightly colored “purple pizzazz,” “fuschia” and “unmellow yellow” bubbles, bringing wonder and adventure to a day of outdoor active play.
- One Bubble Launcher:
- For an instant bubble bash, just connect a bottle of colored bubbles, attach the crank handle to the launcher, and create tons of colorful bubbles with each turn! Turn the crank slowly to create bubbles.
- LEAVE ME A COMMENT LETTING ME KNOW YOUR FAVORITE TIME TO PLAY WITH BUBBLES
- FOR AN EXTRA ENTRY FOLLOW MY BLOG AND LET ME KNOW IN A SECOND COMMENT
- CONTEST OPEN TO US MAILING ADDRESSES ONLY
- CONTEST ENDS MONDAY APRIL 23, 2012
Disclosure: “The Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles product information and gift packs have been provided by Crayola through MyBlogSpark.”
Well I’m too late to tell you to try the cute Pillsbury Ready to Bake Easter shaped cookies that I was able to make with my kids BUT don’t worry there are cute designs available all year! I was just at the store and saw some cute I Love Mom cookies that even the most baking challenged dad and kids can surprise mom with! We made Pillsbury cookies with a bunny on them and I was really impressed with how detailed the bunny image was both before and after baking, totally adorable! It had been a few years since we tried these type of ready to bake cookies and my kids were very pleased with them, they had some friends over when I made them and between the 6 kids the cookies didn’t even last 1/2 an hour! I love to make homemade cookies but when we are having a busy day on a holiday or with friends over there isn’t much time for that and these type of cookies are super easy and fun to give the kids for a special treat. I like to be the mom that gives out the yummy snacks when my kids’ friends are over! I’ll definitely make these again for play dates.
For more Pillsbury information you can find them on Facebook and Twitter:
YOU CAN WIN THE PRIZE PACK SHOWN IN THE PICTURE (you will recipe a FREE coupon to pick out the cookies at your grocery store)!
- Leave me a comment with letting me know your favorite Pillsbury product
- Contest open to US residents only
- For a second entry follow my blog and let me know in a second comment (I have 3 more contests coming very soon)
- Contest ends Saturday April 21, 2012
Disclosure: The VIP coupon, prize pack, information, and giveaway have been provided by Pillsbury through MyBlogSpark.