Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014

Homemade Pig Cupcakes

Pig CupcakesI made pig cupcakes for the birthday party and I thought I’d pass on the idea. At Easter I had made very similar bunny cupcakes that I saw on the Family Fun website. When I found pink marshmallows at the store I knew I needed to alter the recipe and make pigs. I used pink frosting on strawberry cupcakes and used M&Ms for the eyes and made the ears and snout out of the marshmallows. To make the ears use a kitchen scissors to cut the marshmallows in half diagonally (sort of make 2 triangles or wedges if that helps) and then dip the cut sides into pink sugar (if you ever make the bunny cupcakes do your ears my way also). If they seem too big you can cut some off the bottom of the ears. To make the snout just cut the marshmallow in half width wise and stick on brown mini M&Ms to the cut side (I used mini chocolate chips because I forgot to buy the mini M&Ms). Very easy and you can make the ears and snouts ahead of time.

Family Fun also has their own pig cupcakes but I like the ones I made better!pig cupcakes

*Let me know if you give these a try! I see lots of people visit this post and wonder how many make them.

dscf2048.jpg

I’m also adding a picture of the goodie bags we made (all the pig ones were gone though).

Post to Twitter

No related posts.

Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

Comments

22 Responses to “Homemade Pig Cupcakes”
  1. Claire says:

Heather, those are the most adorable pig cupcakes I’ve ever seen! I may even have to change the theme of my daughter’s birthday in December to be “Pigs” instead of “Butterflies”! Nah, maybe I’ll just make them for a playdate.

Thanks for posting.

2. Brooke says:

Heather, what a great idea to combine the pig and bunny cupcake! When I saw your picture I knew I had to try them out for my daughters party. But I have a question about the type of marshmallows you used. Did you use pink colored marshmallows or did you frost them pink? I did a trial run and I was having a hard time frosting the marshmallows pink and yours looked so easy so is there a secret I don’t know? Anyway if you could get back to me that would be great. Thanks

3. Heather says:

Yes, I buy pink strawberry flavored marshmallows. Our store also sells brown chocolate flavored ones as well.

• Karen says:

thank u so much for the adorable cupcakes. i made them for church last night and they were a big hit: with kids and grown ups alike.. when i picked my kids up from school i told them i have a dozen pigs in the fridge. (they were thinking of pigs in the blanket) lol they said can we have some i said yes and when we got home they went straight for the fridge, it was so funny to see the looks on their faces..lol. but they loved them.. i do have one question though… how did u get the nostrils (chocolate chips) to stay flat in the nose (marshmallow)? mine kept trying to come out. they stayed in but not flat…any suggestions…and do u have any other cupcake, cookie or cake ideas? i love to bake and always looking for new ideas..thank u so much.

4. Katie says:

Oh, that’s such a wonderful idea! Where can you buy those mashmellows, though?

5. sarah says:

I just made them- they’re very cute! I think that the your chocolate chips on the snouts look better! The mini m’n'm’s are a little bit big!
    Thanks!!

Sarah xx

6. Dollie Waters says:

My son’s first grade teacher has a reading theme each month and in September she did a pig theme. I made your adorable cupcakes and it was a hit!!! All the kids loved them and teachers asked me how in the world did I come up with such a cute idea and it must have taken me hours. I told I got the idea from your website and that the cupcakes were pretty simple to make, not time consuming and a lot of fun to do.
    Thanks for your idea!
    Dollie

7. chrystel says:

Thank you so much for posting your Art!! My daughter is crazy about pigs and I will make theses for her Birthday party!! thank you!!!!!! :)

8. Christina says:

I’m throwing my daughter a “pink piggy” 3rd birthday tomorrow and making these cupcakes for it. Thanks for the idea. My daughter is obsessed with pigs so we are painting piggy banks, reading “If you Give a Pig a Party” by Felicia Bond and eating these cupcakes. I know they’ll be a hit!

9. Jill says:

I am making these today! Thanks for posting this. My daughter has a stuffed pig that she is obsessed with, so these are perfect for her piggy party today!

10. Sherri says:

I go to a pig roast every year and was looking for something in a pig theme. These will be so perfect!!! I made similar ones recently that were frogs so this will totally rock!!! Thanks so much for the idea.

11. Marissa says:

I made these for a school project and everyone loved them. Thanks!!

12. Grace says:

cutest cupcakes ever! my friend used these cupcakes at her birthday! they are so good. i helped make them. we found out the recipe ourselves! thanks for the idea!

<3, Grace Choi

13. Jenn says:

OMG!!! My BFF’s birthday is coming up, and her animal nick-name is “piggie” I think these cupcakes are sooo cute! I am going to make them for her! I know she will love them! Thanks for the super cute idea! =)
    -Jenn

14. Tanya says:

I made these for my step-daughter’s 7th birthday (we both think pigs are adorable), and they were so easy and cute! They were a hit! Even my husband couldn’t stop saying “Those are soooo cute!”. I’m not super artistic and never can decorate a cake or cupcakes with anything special that doesn’t turn into a sloppy mess, but these came out great. Thank you for sharing!

~ Tanya

15. Tanya says:

Oh, and a tip on getting the nostrils to stay flat (I was having trouble and someone asked above). Put them in the sticky (cut) side of the marshmellow. If that isn’t enough, put a tiny, tiny bit of frosting on the snout where you will put the nostril, it will help it stick.

~ Tanya

16. Kelli says:

Hi – thanks for the great idea!!! I just made these foy my daughters birthday. I used white frosting and marshmallows. Wilton has a pink food color spray that I used to spray the cupcakes. They turned ou fabulous. Thank you!!

17. Hi, tried your cupcakes today for friends daughters birthday party. Quick and simple, and so sweet.

18. Marie says:

I am NOT a crafty person and these were the easiest cupcakes to make.
    I made them for my brothers PIG ROAST that was at his home.
    I thought the kids would all enjoy them and they were so appropriate.
    Well, everyone got a good laugh, and thought I went through so much trouble to
    make them.
    I will definitely make them again. Thank you

19. Brittney says:

I made these for my husbands BBQ competition. The team name is Hog Gone Good BBQ. Everyone thought they were so yummy and cute!

20. Kelly says:

Thanks for this! I was looking for something for a pig roast. Perfect! Easy too! I haven’t assembled them yet with frosting and all, but have all the parts done. Thanks so much!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] Posts Platform Bed Plans Backyard Ice Rink DIY Rink Rake Chocolate & Peanut Butter Playdough Pig Cupcakes Flor Carpet Tile Review Mickey Mouse [...]