Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014

Unplugged Project: Sticky Glue Goop!

When I read that this week’s Unplugged Project was “sticky” I wish I had taken a picture of the roll of scotch tape that Jamie had gotten a hold of and turned into a big sticky tangled mess the day before! I decided to make some glue paint with the kids but they just wanted regular paint so we did that and as soon as they were done we made some goop instead (not as sticky as I would have thought but FUN, my other option was going to be homemade glue and that would have been very sticky). I had gotten a recipe online and changed it slightly, here is what we did:

First add 3/4 cup water to your bowl and then squeeze out as much glue as you can easily get from two 4 oz bottles of glue.

Stir and then add some squirts of washable paint.

In a separate bowl mix 1 tablespoon of borax and 1/4 cup water then dump this into first bowl.

Stir until a blob forms and remove blob. Then add an addition portion of the borax/water mixture and you’ll get a second blob.

This made plenty of goop for the 3 kids and I was very surprised and how long it kept them busy.

They used cookie cutters and playdoh scissors with it.

They loved it and had fun seeing how far it streched and how it broke apart if you pulled it fast. It has kept nicely in a sealed container for days of play now.

At some point Ben lost his shirt, he has that problem daily!

Post to Twitter

No related posts.

Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

Comments

12 Responses to “Unplugged Project: Sticky Glue Goop!”
  1. Tina says:

I love this stuff! We made it all the time when mine were younger. it is awesome! Great photos.

2. Piseco says:

See? Here’s another project that we used to do at least once a season that now we haven’t done since last summer. It’s so much fun, I’ll have to add that to my list again. And I love the picture of Ethan peeking through!

3. Heather says:

I love the project. I have to say I think my youngest would love your house. He wants to come play. LOL. He also has the same daily problem of losing his shirt to. To funny. Great project

4. What fun! My girls love all kinds of goop, slime, mush, etc. :) Great photos, too!

5. Christy says:

We did the same thing for the Sticky Unplugged Project! Looks like you had as much fun as we did. :)

6. OOOO! My kids would LOVE this. I am definitely putting it on my “to try” list! Thanks for the inspiration and great photos. I especially love the look of delight on your daughter’s face in that first one, and the intensely interested expression of your left-hand son on number 3.

7. Julie says:

Love it. Great photos – love the expressions.

8. Michie says:

Those are great photos. It looks like the kids had fun!

9. Michie says:

Those are great photos. They look like they are having a blast!

10. Melissa says:

Looks like fun!

11. Oh that looks like soo much fun…

12. warillever says:

We make this whenever we are going somewhere where the kids need to be quiet. They made it through the entire town meeting the past two years playing with this stuff. Need to make some soon for our vacation plane ride!