We have been busy enjoying the holidays and so I haven’t been blogging much. I wanted to share these cookies the boys and I have been making since its still snowman time and these aren’t just for the holidays. We made them for Ethan’s kindergarten class and on Christmas eve and I plan to make them at least one more time soon. They were very easy:
- I cut orange sliced candies into carrot noses ahead of time. I first cut them so that they were 1/2 the width and then into little triangles. I used a kitchen scissors and as I cut them I dropped the “carrots” into a little dish of plain sugar to coat the sticky sides.
- I frosted Pillsbury break apart cookies with canned frosting (in this case homemade isn’t so important).
- The boys added on the M&M eyes, noses and mini chip mouths.
- I made sure they wiped their frosting fingers on paper towels instead of licking them since we made the cookies to share.
- I gave the boys little bowls of non-brown M&Ms to eat while they decorated and they also made some non-snowman cookies that they ate while working. They did a great job and the cookies looked really cute. Since our kids love frosting and don’t actually care much for cake I think we will do frosted birthday cookies in the future since these came out so well and were super easy.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.